At IHF our mission is to provide less privileged children the opportunity to attain a good education, as well as give them a safe and healthy living and learning environment.
In order to successfully achieve our mission at the IHF Chiang Rai Children’s Home Center, we find it is important to start off with the well-being of our local staff members and international volunteers. Thus, we are focused on addressing three tightly integrated objectives: Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Better World by raising awareness and practicing the following key habits:
- Daily Physical Activity: Exercise at least 20 minutes most days of the week, if not daily.
- Â Â Â Intellectual Curiosity:Â Spend some time in focused thought, exploring new ideas every day.
- Â Â Â Foster Creativity:Â Challenge your mind to connect unrelated ideas in new and useful ways.
- Â Â Â Human Unity:Â Create and maintain close-knit human bonds.
- Â Â Â Spiritual Connectedness:Â Identify a source of inspiration.
- Â Â Â Energy Balance:Â Balance calories in and calories out.
- Â Â Â Voluntary Simplicity:Â Embrace the liberty that comes with wanting and needing less.
In addition to basic needs such as food and shelter, every child needs much moreâ€”safety, good health, love, support, friendship, dignity, respect, and the need to realize full personal potential.
At the IHF Chiang Rai Childrenâ€™s Home Center, we not only provide the children with their basic needs, we strive to raise healthy, responsible, disciplined and creative children.
Our desire is for the children to grow up surrounded by much love and support while getting a good education and proper guidance for constructive living and a brighter future. Those are the essential elements that can help each child attain their full personal potential and become everything he or she is able to become.
While the children are at the Thailand Center, outside of school, we try to balance their time between studies (school work and learning English) and other activities:
- Doing Chores: This helps the children learn how to be responsible and productive.
- Playing on the Playground: This gives the children sufficient exercise while they have fun.
- Board Games: These games help to sharpen the children’s minds and enhance their intelligence capacities.
- Art/Drawing: This activity helps enhance the children’s creative abilities.
As the children at the Thailand Center are quite youngâ€”their ages range from 6-12â€”we have to tailor our teaching techniques to meet their levels of comprehension to be most effective. However, we try to apply the basic principles of having a healthy mind, healthy body, and healthy life to our teachings by being good role models as well. As a result, we see the children exude vibrant energy that emanates so much love, happiness, and confidence.
We believe that we are raising the next generation of great people andÂ IÂ am truly honored to be part of this mission and to be able to contribute by sharing my experiences and skills while exploring all possibilities to make a positive impact to the childrenâ€™s lives during my time at IHF.
Come join us!